The CampFire Forum Index The CampFire
A self-reliant living discussion board  
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You have been spammed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CampFire Forum Index -> Board Issues & News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pamela4898

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: You have been spammed Reply with quote

Hi there!

Your forum is wide open to automatic registrations and postings. Spammers can use it to spread their junk automatically, just like we did to send you this message.

Please read this article to learn how we did this and how to secure your forum against this pest:
http://www.beehave.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1400

This is a one-time posting by 'Projekt SpamBot' to help forum-admins to secure their software. This account will not be used again, you can delete it (and this post) if you wish.

Greetings,
pseudocode

PS: if you want to contact us, please follow the link and contribute to our discussion. Emails or PMs to this account will not be read.
Quill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer spam from a can Pam. #wink

*some restrictions apply, void where prohibited
pipedreams
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true...............hopefully we're working on it because I'M real tired of it myself!! #shakehead

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
Thomas Jefferson
nancy1340
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this smell of blackmail to anyone else ? #smashblue
Mahachippy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not thinking so much blackmail Miz Nancy...I think this is what I am gonna call pseudospam from now on.

Basically, Pamela and her ilk as far as I can tell provide forums with this warning that "You Have Been Spammed....click here to learn how to prevent this in the future." So, I's go over and click her little link and it opens up a website that has a lot of promising information (or so you think). Then the link she provides to "help" you are nothing but spam links. So, you think you are being helped, but it is just another way for spammers to reel us in hook, line, and sinker.
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalms 46:10

Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right. Show welcome and good cheer to all of true heart.

Live with no excuses. Love with no regrets.
tkahike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, you have a problem here. Your member list is wide open to the public. Any person that comes to this site can click the member list and they have access to your email.

There is a MOD for it, however unless you know html code, you will not be able to do it. I had the same problem on my new board. If you don't have anyone I can help you through it.

Just log out and click on the member list, you will see what I mean.

My other favorite forum is: www.minionreport.net
Renaissance Man

Location: Next to the Ocala National Forest in sunny Central Florida

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any user that does not want his/her email addy available can do so by specifying so in his/her profile.

Better to be a FREE pauper...than a RICH slave!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CampFire Forum Index -> Board Issues & News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: