The CampFire Forum Index The CampFire
A self-reliant living discussion board  
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sad news
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CampFire Forum Index -> Board Issues & News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevelutah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Condolances Reply with quote

I missed this earlier. I did not know him personally but I always enjoyed his posts. Rest in Peace KW. #rose
44 flattop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, I am so sorry. I enjoyed his thoughts and posts. I will miss him. Crying or Very sad

Judge, I'm terribly sorry for you too. A dear friend lost is truly a sad thing. #rose #rose

'I guess if I could have had but one rifle during all the years I hunted, it would have been the .44 (Winchester) .....it was no long range cartridge.....but for just plain every day use to put meat in the pot, it was a difficult cartridge to beat.'
**John Meyers-Soldier, Hunter, Rifleman**
buster1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear this. I always read and enjoyed his post.
Old Judge Creek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

44 flattop wrote:
... Judge, I'm terribly sorry for you too. A dear friend lost is truly a sad thing. #rose #rose

He was a good'un - one of the best.

Wudja believe this pic:

The Universitay of Alabama Cavaliers photo taken probably in the fall of 1963.

Chief KW Beagle and his mighty tenor sax is the front row, farthest guy on the right. (I'm the second row, third man in from the right).

One of my favorite "band stories" is from this time. We were hired to play Anniston High School's Prom and when we arrived, the girl running the show says, "Oh, we forgot to tell you, but the theme of the Prom this year is Days of Wine and Roses. We want'cha ta play that for the Prom King and Queen "Lead Out Dance" .

(The movie was just in the theaters and so new that no one had seen it yet but the theme music by Henry Mancini was already a #1 hit and getting a lot of air time).

All the guys in the band kind of looked at each other and gave a WTF shrug.

Chief says, "Hey I've heard that song. It goes... (and he hummed the first TWELVE notes to the lyric - "the days, of wine and ro-ses... laugh and run away"...)

The band leader sez, "Great! You saved our butts. You play it and we'll just fill in behind you."

Chief said, "But, but.... that's it! That's ALL I know!!"

Came the reply, "No problem man. You stand up and play that much of it, and we'll segue into Dancing in the Dark. When that ends, if they're still dancing, you stand up and play it again and we'll follow up with Dancing on the Ceiling or something..."

That's exactly what we did #lol #lol #lol Chief stood up and played that same riff 4 times and no one in the room ever noticed a thing!! #rolleyes and I never let him forget it it either.

#lol #lol #lol

Chief was one of those guys that was just fun to be around.
DCMG #1

Old age aint fer sissies...
44 flattop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool photo Judge. I would like to point out I was barely potty trained in '63... #lol Course, the wife doesn't seem to think I'm all the way trained sometimes when she sees me in the front yard doing my 'thing' #mrgreen

That was a neat story. I read it to my wife and she enjoyed it too.
'I guess if I could have had but one rifle during all the years I hunted, it would have been the .44 (Winchester) .....it was no long range cartridge.....but for just plain every day use to put meat in the pot, it was a difficult cartridge to beat.'
**John Meyers-Soldier, Hunter, Rifleman**
nancy1340
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool beans Judge. #smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CampFire Forum Index -> Board Issues & News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: