The CampFire Forum Index The CampFire
A self-reliant living discussion board  
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CampFire Forum Index -> Breaking News & Current Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nancy1340
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Vegas Reply with quote

A whole lot of things don't add up.

One thing that bothers me is letting his girlfriend go after only a few hours of questioning.
Ol Mose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to know what meds he was on... Can anyone say Manchurian Candidate?????????

Prayers to all the families who have been touched by this terrible tragedy.
Hank Dodge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree that somethings not right here......

One thing that stands out to me is that there were two broken out windows at the hotel. Anyone who has ever been in an office building or hotel like that knows how thick and break resistant that window material is. Why would a single shooter go through the trouble to break out more than one window with the same field of fire....especially if it is true that the windows were in two different rooms?
DCMG #3

"Shoot them big guns.....you can see the holes better!"
Lone Arranger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank. I think he needed two windows because he is reported to have had two machine guns set up on tripods. This allowed the sick *@#* to run to the other gun when the first belt was empty.You could clearly hear the staccato sound of machine gun fire during the TV news reports. Auto, not semi-auto.

This is a major tragedy with so many unanswered questions.

The weapons: As stated above early reports are that the shooter had a bunch of weapons including two automatic weapons on tripods.

Where did he get them? Fully automatic weapons are nearly impossible to own without specialized clearance from the ATF i.e.; paying a $200 fee and submitting a a 12 page application with a 9 to 12 month processing time, requires purchase from a dealer possessing not only a FFL but a specialized Automatic Weapons License (FFL/SOT Class 3 FFL license). You better have a squeaky clean past. Extensive background checks are made at every level of law enforcement including the FBI. Finally, buying one takes a raft of cash: When Reagan made owning a fully-automatic weapon manufactured after 1986 illegal, the federal government capped the supply making the guns left in circulation few in number and prohibitively expensive. These guns usually cost upwards of $20,000, and owners of these weapons are closely tracked.

If he didn’t buy them, they must have been provided to him by a third party. If he had purchased them, he wouldn’t have been flying so far under the radar. I think we need to hear a lot more about these weapons and where/how/when he acquired them.

The girlfriend: Marilou Danley, Stephan Paddock’s so called “associate”. News reports claim she is of Indonesian background traveling on a Australian passport. At the risk of sounding xenophobic, this suspicious alliance bears a lot more scrutiny, IMO.

LA

Winston Churchill
Lone Arranger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I jumped too quickly. One should never react on the basis of early news reports, I guess.

Current information is that Paddock used semi-automatic weapons equipped with “bump stocks”, a device which allows the shooters trigger finer to move on and off the trigger with the gun’s recoil at full automatic speed. Technically, however, it means the finger is pulling the trigger for each round fired, keeping the weapon a legal semi-automatic - which is why bump stocks are legal to own (you can see a scary demo at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6tORrODJE.

The earlier reported “tripods” are now, in fact, bi-pods.

Girlfriend: Today, NBC News reported Paddock sent $100K to an account in the Philippines just days before the killing spree.

Winston Churchill
Wilbur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you all that there is a lot here that doesn't add up. I hope we do get the real story at some point.

The sheriff mentioned him being "radicalized " I can only assume that to be jihadist radicalizing but who knows. While many have been quick to say he's not a typical jihadist I do recall discussions a year or so where ISIS/al qaeda/etc. were said to be making a push to find white people to radicalized bc they blend in more easily. Is this what occurred here?

Or is this political radicalizing? Like the guy who shot up the GOP softball practice. He did pick a country concert so probably a larger majority of Republican Trump supporters in the crowd.

I hate how quickly the Dems pounced on this for politics. Absolutely disgusting. But I think they do it to get a narrative that suits them put there in their ignorant followers minds. Look how many people still believe Benghazi was about a YouTube video despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Dems know that odds are pretty good the shooter will be from a group that they support be it Muslim, immigrant, or Democrat so have to get a narrative out there quickly. Really gross.

Interesting discussion of the events here:

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2017/10/who-how-why-and-wtf.html?m=1

the comments after are interesting as well....including some potential questions about one of his planes (Calvaryman at 6:16 PM)
Ol Mose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With what's coming out about him he sounds narcistic and egocentric. Self made millionaire, High roller gambler. Sounds like it's "I'm the center of the universe" to me. Whether suicidal or terminal he may have just decided to take out a bunch of the Chattel on his way out to feed his own feelings of superiority. Then again I"m not going to rule out meds either. There's a reason they won't proscribe them to adolescent brains...............and adults have had very bad reactions as well.
Wilbur

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mose you may be right but more and more this looks like it may be more than one person. At a minimum I think the Sheriff is right that he had "help" (although he didn't say what he means by that).

Something weird....in this pic of him:

He's got some strange prison looking "13" tattoo on his neck.

But in this pic with his girlfriend's family from 2013 (when he was 60):

He doesn't have the neck tattoo. So somewhere in the last 4 years a 60 year old decided to get a 13 tattooed on his neck? What really?

Then there are pics out there that allegedly show him dead in the hotel room in Vegas. (I wont post them as they are disturbing). But first off some of the bullet casings are on top of the blood stain beneath him yet are clean. Secondly the person in the pictures does not have the 13 tattoo on his neck.

So what is really going on? I am reading all sorts of things from a FBI ISIS sting gone awry to other sorts of conspiracy theories. Bottom line is I don't think we know anything at this point about what really occurred other than almost 60 people were killed which is truly horrific.
Wilbur

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://worldtruth.tv/five-more-things-that-dont-add-up-about-the-las-vegas-massacre/

More doubt about what we're being told...
Ol Mose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good questions for sure. Also I have noticed that some semiautos eject to the right and forward. I went looking for brass one time and found it all in front of me not to the rear like I would have thought. Also if the author cares to I will shoot at him with my AR at 400 yds and show him what damage it can do at that distance. the AK round has over 500 fpe at that distance and the 223 has close to 400 fpe depending on bullet used. And we all know what a 308 Win can do,. I have not been able to find out what he actually used, only pictures and news from the 2d of Oct.. But the lack of brass from that many rounds even if a lot went out the window seems to be missing.
the other thing is that of the 500 or so individuals who were shot only 10% of those injured were lethal hits. While little comfort to everyone touched by this horrendous attack, it does speak to the mindset behind the attack. Shock and horror was more important that numbers killed. Compare this to the Belt way sniper who killed 10 of the 13 shot before he was caught. Or the Orlando shooting which was more methodical and deadly. The object of those two and others was murder of as many as possible. I do agree that things don't add up as yet but then we are relying of the new media to provide details which means Sensationalism............... And many, many errors. In their race to be the first with the news you can usually discount anything you hear in the first 12 hours of an event.
The only thing I'm certain they could get right the first time would be the end of The world, but it would probably happen during a commercial break!
nancy1340
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilbur, I'd be in that link with the pictures.
I don't think its a tattoo but more like old skin wrinkle maybe.
nancy1340
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nancy1340 wrote:
Wilbur, I'd be in that link with the pictures.
I don't think its a tattoo but more like old skin wrinkle maybe.

Edited to add; Never mind Wilbur, I found the photo's.
Looks like a Judge just above his head. i guess if he shot himself with that as he fell over his hand flung it behind him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CampFire Forum Index -> Breaking News & Current Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: