The CampFire Forum Index The CampFire
A self-reliant living discussion board  
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electric Bikes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Electric Bikes Reply with quote

Looking back at older posts I see posts about bikes, mountain bikes, bug out bikes, e-bikes etc.. come up on a pretty regular basis. Certainly not as frequently as when Vlad was hanging around, but I sure see that I'm not the only one who's interested in them.

Though I haven't done a lot of biking lately, I'm a long time mountain biker that use to put a fair amount of miles on my trusty mountain bikes for fitness & fun. In the last couple of years I've really become interested in the "Fat Bike" variant's that have tires about 4" wide and really perform well in some pretty bad conditions. The down side to them I've seen is they're generally quite expensive, and those big tires/wheels come with corresponding penalties in weight & rolling resistance.

Recently while perusing YouTube, I discovered battery powered electric fat bikes, specifically those from Rad Power Bikes, that appear to offer quite good performance and durability for a fairly reasonable price.

https://www.radpowerbikes.com

They seem to get pretty consistent good reviews and enough honest usability and functionality that I'm getting very interested in getting one. For fun, getting back into fitness, running errands, etc.. I can think of a multitude of reasons why one of these could be handy as the dickens whilst putting a big ole smile on my face. The 20-40 mile range and up to 20 MPH top speed listed would fit within about any anticipated usage I would realistically have. The quietness and ability to use bike paths is very appealing and the video's I've seen of things powering through soft beach sand and climbing some pretty substantial hills really has me thinking that I want one.

Though they offer several models, the two Fat Bikes the Rover & the Mini are what really have captured my interest. Curious if anyone has any experience with these or similar, and what your thought are.

“Happiness depends on ourselves. Maybe it’s not about the happy ending. Maybe it’s about the story.”
Athena Orchard

"Improvise, Adapt and Overcome"
Mantra of US Marines
nancy1340
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in one but would have to put something on it to make a motorcycle noise. #mrgreen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CampFire Forum Index -> Transportation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: